Dr. Orma offers telephone and webcam video therapy (via Skype) for residents of California, as well as video and phone coaching/consulting worldwide.
Benefits of Video and Phone Therapy:
- Choice—You are not limited to just the therapists in your area, but can choose from therapists nationwide. This is especially important if you are looking for a professional with a particular specialty, such as eating disorders, anxiety, depression, or CBT-focused.
- Comfort—Many individuals feel much more comfortable and at ease talking over the phone with a therapist than speaking face-to-face.
- Convenient—Sessions can be done from your home, office, car, or hotel (if traveling), and at a time that works best for your schedule.
- Saves Time—No commuting to and from a therapy office, searching for parking, or dealing with traffic.
- Effectiveness—Research has shown phone therapy to be as effective as in-person therapy. Here are few articles to help answer additional questions you may have:
- NY Times: “The benefits of therapy by phone”
- LA Times: “Effect of call-based therapy ringing true”
- CBS News: “Phone Psychotherapy – fewer hang-ups?”
- Reuters: “Phone therapy and exercise can ease chronic pain”
San Francisco & Marin Therapist
Dr. Steve Orma is a cognitive therapist in San Francisco and Marin providing individual therapy for anxiety, depression, stress, relationships, work/school, and other life challenges. To schedule a complimentary phone consultation, please contact him: