Dr. Bernstein is one of my favorite speakers because of his passion, humanity, and sense of humor. He holds a Ph.D. in Philosophy from the Graduate School of the City University of New York. He’s taught Philosophy at the State University of New York at Purchase, Marist College, and Hunter College. He was selected as “Teacher of the Year” at both SUNY Purchase and Marymount College.
He’s the author of The Capitalist Manifesto, Objectivism in One Lesson, and his new novel, A Dearth of Eagles.
Today we discuss how to be an impassioned valuer. We talk about why values are the meaning of life, what it means to make love all day, and how to reconcile pursuing what you love and feeling selfish for it. We also talk about what to say when someone calls you “selfish,” how to choose your values, and the explorer’s premise.
If you want to know how to bring passion into your work, relationships, and life, this is the episode to listen to.
Today’s Success Challenge
- Exercise the Explorer’s Premise in one area of your life. For career, you could read a book on a career you’re interested in, talk to someone doing that career, or watch some videos about that career on YouTube.
- In romance, you could go on a date with a type of person you’ve never dated before or try doing something new for a date (go surfing, skiing, try a new restaurant/food, day trip to a new area or city)
Get out of your comfort zone, see what you discover and have fun!
**Let me know how it goes by leaving your comments below
- Dr. Bernstein’s new novel, A Dearth of Eagles
- Dr. Bernstein’s website & Facebook page
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand
- The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand
Share the Value
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help a lot to spread the word and get more exposure for the podcast.
Ask Questions or Provide Feedback
To ask questions, request episode topics, or provide feedback, email me at DrOrma@DrOrma.com
Connect With Me
Work With Me
My indispensable sleep guide Stop Worrying & Go To Sleep
My new video course Sleep Well For Life
**Some of the links above may be affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you, and I only recommend products or services that I think you’ll enjoy or may be helpful to you.