Dr. Ellen Kenner is a clinical psychologist and host of “The Rational Basis of Happiness®,” a nationally-syndicated radio talk show. She’s the co-author of The Selfish Path to Romance: How to Love with Passion and Reason.
Today we talk about an unconventional approach to romantic relationships. We get into topics like how selfishness is key to a successful romantic relationship, how sacrifice leads to resentment, when NOT to compromise, and the Visibility Principle. We also discuss how to deal with unearned guilt, how you know if you’ve found your “soul mate,” and much more.
A few highlights:
- Learn the two huge mistakes most people make when dating–and how to avoid them
- Why sacrifice is NEVER required for your relationship, and what to do instead
- Why your relationship should get better over time, not worse
- The myth of the 7-year itch
If you want to know how to find and maintain a passionate and fulfilling romantic relationship, this is the episode to listen to.
Today’s Success Challenge
- Are you sacrificing anywhere in your relationship (spouse, dating)? (Signs of where you might be sacrificing are resentment or dreading the activity.)
- Choose one of those areas or activities where you’re sacrificing and ask yourself: how can I do this selfishly (in the way we talked about)?
Let me know how this goes, if you find this challenging, and if I can help.
**You can leave your comments below
- The Selfish Path to Romance: How to Love with Passion and Reason, by Ellen Kenner & Edwin A. Locke
- Dr. Ellen Kenner’s website, Twitter & Facebook pages
- Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand
- The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand
- The Virtue of Selfishness, by Ayn Rand
Share the Value
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help a lot to spread the word and get more exposure for the podcast.
Ask Questions or Provide Feedback
To ask questions, request episode topics, or provide feedback, email me at DrOrma@DrOrma.com
Connect With Me
Work With Me
My indispensable sleep guide Stop Worrying & Go To Sleep
My new video course Sleep Well For Life
**Some of the links above may be affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you, and I only recommend products or services that I think you’ll enjoy or may be helpful to you.