If you’re struggling with anxiety, stress, or sleep problems, and considering therapy – yet feel apprehensive – you’re not alone. Many people feel hesitant about seeing a therapist, and that’s understandable. It takes a lot of courage to admit things aren’t working, and even more to ask for help.
Most of us aren’t taught how our mind and emotions work. So when there’s a problem, we can feel overwhelmed, scared, and confused.
I specialize in the treatment of anxiety and insomnia, and have an extensive clinical background helping individuals overcome panic attacks, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, chronic worry, and other challenges. My expertise is in helping people understand their thinking, emotions, and behavior, so they can lead healthier, happier lives.
It’s a strength to seek help when you need it. Working together, you’ll learn valuable tools, skills, and self-knowledge that will help you manage obstacles for the rest of your life. And it doesn’t have to be a long, drawn-out process – I believe therapy should be finite, with tangible results.
Learn more about my areas of expertise and contact me for a complimentary consultation to discuss your specific situation. We can get acquainted and discuss how I can help.
Schedule your complimentary consultation today
Dr. Steve Orma is a San Francisco-based licensed CBT clinical psychologist, recognized mental health expert, and specialist in the treatment of anxiety, stress, and insomnia.
Get Dr. Orma’s New Book!
GET EMAIL UPDATES
RECENT POSTS & MEDIA
- Women’s Health Magazine: Do you have an anxiety disorder?
- Alive Magazine: Are men and women different in how they manage stress?
- Health Magazine: The Best Time of Day to Do Everything
- WMEX Boston: Work-Life Balance and the Importance of Sleep
- Huffington Post: What Really Works When You’re Too Anxious To Fall Asleep
- HealthyWomen.org: Debunking 6 Sleep Myths
- Anxiety Guru Podcast: Taking Charge of Your Insomnia
- Men’s Journal: The 10 Healthiest Ways to Relieve Work Stress
- Refinery29: How To Deal With The Stress Of Returning To Work
- Men’s Journal: 10 Bedtime Rituals for Better Sleep