Confidential support. From wherever you feel most comfortable.
Whether you’ve worked with a therapist before or are new to therapy, you’ll discover two unique aspects about working with Dr. Steve Orma that make the experience highly beneficial.
#1 Always Connected
Confidential sessions are online, through Skype, FaceTime or by phone, which provides many advantages over in-person therapy including having direct access to Dr. Orma’s support, experience, and expertise wherever you are and feel most comfortable – at home, work, on the road, or on vacation.
#2 Proactive Approach
Going beyond traditional talk therapy, Dr. Orma works collaboratively with you to define, establish, track, and reach your goals. He actively and supportively listens, provides insightful feedback, challenges negative or inaccurate beliefs, and helps you get to the root of the issue. You’ll learn effective thinking tools tailored to your particular needs, and even hone those techniques with customized “homework” outside of sessions. Dr. Orma’ proactive, skills-based approach stems from his unyielding commitment to help you move forward, make positive changes, and lead a happy, fulfilling life.
Effectiveness of Online Therapy
Scientific studies prove online therapy to be as effective–and in some cases, even more beneficial–than in-person therapy:
- A 2013 study in the Journal of Affective Disorders found that online therapy for depression was equally beneficial as regular face-to-face therapy, and online therapy was even better in the long-term for maintaining reduction of symptoms.
- In a four-year study by the US Department of Veterans Affairs on almost 100,000 veterans, patients who received online therapy decreased their hospitalizations by an average of 25% compared to when they were receiving face-to-face therapy.
- In a comprehensive review of numerous studies on the effectiveness of online therapy, the Journal of Technology in Human Services found there was “strong support for the adoption of online psychological interventions as a legitimate therapeutic activity…”
- A 2010 study in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry found that video-based anger management therapy was just as effective as face-to-face therapy for a group of 125 combat veterans with PTSD.
For a complimentary consultation, contact Dr. Orma: 415.295.1383 or email
About Dr. Steve Orma
Dr. Orma is a licensed clinical psychologist and recognized anxiety expert. He provides confidential and compassionate support to help individuals realize their goals and achieve success through Cognitive Behavior Therapy. He welcomes you to contact him for a complimentary consultation:
RECENT POSTS & MEDIA
- Verizon Mobile Living: How to Sleep Better and Wake Up More Alert
- Fast Company: How to Turn Your Anxiety Into a Productivity Booster
- ABC NEWS: Post-Wedding Depression
- Shape Magazine: Why Being Scared Can Be a Good Thing
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Anxiety
- Is fitting into a wedding dress worth starving yourself?
- Five Ideas for a Successful Marriage
- Stress Management Alternatives to Yoga, Meditation, or Hot Bath
- Dr. Orma Featured in New Mental Health Book
- Dr. Orma is a Featured Alumni!
- “It’s My Brain”: Part 2
- “It’s My Brain”: Part 1